Monday, September 24, 2007

The making of Rorschach

I'd like you to leave
Just don't splatter my whitewashed walls
With your blood and guts
Don't say, if possible, anything at all
Just up and go if you can
And if you can't
Don't stay and rant
I like silence when I watch TV
And don't accuse me of thinking only about me
'I' am a perfectly legitimate thing to think about
And don't say "Take care" when you take that step out
Because I will, whether you tell me to or not
You can simply smile when you go
Or mouth soundlessly at my back
And please don't remind me of the sensitivity I lack
Because I really, honestly, for once in my life
Don't care about the future, about the results
There's nothing I want to mend
There's nothing I want to ever feel like resolving
There's nothing I want to leave any scope for improving
There's nothing that I want to do with you, ever
Black and white are the easiest colors to view the world in
I want to say, this time, it ends.
---
Random poems late in the night
Don't have to be true, or accurate, or right
They can sometimes be born from the simple need -
And not from some subliminal seed -
The need to write.

6 Comments:

Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Hmm...that's a bit of a blot on your blog :P

24/9/07 5:04 AM

 
Blogger Ritwik said...

Dude,

How does my blog follow you back? Is that an automated thing or you felt like indulging in some link love yourself.

And btw, I like the concept of the subliminal seed. ;-)

25/9/07 11:26 PM

 
Blogger Phoenix said...

Nice choice of words, and somehow the disclaimer is more pleasing than the poem, which, if I didn't know the author, I'd have put down as a breaking up poem!

27/9/07 10:44 PM

 
Blogger Rashman said...

Troubling

What have they done to you at IIM as well?

28/9/07 4:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the idea of disclaimers, specially rhyming ones.

28/9/07 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Tapasya said...

The disclaimer is way too good!

6/12/07 4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers