Saturday, March 31, 2007

Norwegian Wood


Midori rested an arm on the bar and looked at me. “There was something like that in a Jim Morrison song, I’m pretty sure.”

“People are strange when you’re a stranger.”

“Peace,” said Midori.

“Peace,” I said.

These lines aren’t really an encapsulation or a sample of what you can expect from this novel. However, the very first time I read about this novel, I read these lines in the review and they’ve stayed with me since then.

The blurbs describe it as a story of love, loss and sexuality in adolescence. In that sense all of us should find something to identify with in this novel.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever you're done reading ..

31/3/07 2:28 PM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[vertigo head] I have finished, but it was a library book and has been duly returned. I am now reading High Fidelity, which judging by your blog's content, you might want to read :).
[smiley because it's a funny book]++

31/3/07 5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance I'd be able to get it? Our library doesn't have it, and I've just finished Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". If Norwegian Wood's anything like it, it should be worth a read

3/4/07 1:40 AM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[dco] I believe Kafka... is the one in which cats talk and fish sing etc? You'll have to find a way to get the book through our new Library Secy through someone from your year, e.g. Gaurav or Rohan.

3/4/07 9:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did u find anything in the novel that u cud connect with?

4/4/07 3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er.. you have a link to its ebook?

4/4/07 5:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[anon] Yes, some.

[akshay] No, sorry. I support piracy only in movies and music, not in books :).

5/4/07 12:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have started reading the book, seems worth it.

sorry to be giving the link here, but the person above asked for it, hence.. http://www.esnips.com/doc/2ae17650-bbc9-4cf2-b44b-12f8bb530a68/Murakami-Haruki---Norwegian-Wood

if you dislike the invasion of your space this way, you can very well delte it.
thanks!

PS: as far as my anon status goes, let it stay this way.. :)

6/4/07 4:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats nice..makes books more interesting if u can connect wid stuff..

7/4/07 7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers