Tuesday, February 06, 2007

There's more!

In another time, when I was younger and more impulsive, I'd have written a detailed account of all that has gone wrong over the past five days and how my Groundhog Day continues. But I can't now because:
- I'll end up offending some of my friends (some of whom deserve some of the offense, but still...)
- I won't feel as bad in a couple of hours/days
- much of what I feel has to do with a number of irritations that have existed for some time now and have piled up in a steaming pile of shit and it will be unfair to blame innocents for it
- I don't want to present a lurid picture of my varied frustrations to voyeurs
- it will take too long
Therefore, it is enough for you to know that today has also been a spectacularly horrible day adding to my dark and surreal nightmarish weekend.
I'm paralyzed into inaction: I'm eating little, sleeping too much and skipping classes not with gay abandon or for higher pursuits but guiltily and helplessly. The few classes that I have gone too have had a dreamlike quality to them, as if the subjects being taught were familiar but in a different language. My hostel is literally breaking down in front of my eyes (the fact that it's poltu season once again lends the breakdown a certain irony) and the floors immediately above my head will soon be hammered and needlessly renovated through the day and the night. The only good thing about today is that I had a bath and a shave and that I still have clean underwear left that saves me the desperation of having to pounce on the only working washing machine left in our hellhole-of-a-hostel, which is of course right in the middle of all the construction going on (which in turn is without a doubt the result of someone wanting to make a lot of money or someone very stupid making the decisions), as soon as it is free.
The obvious advantage of bathing and shaving is that one is not compelled to do the same for the next few days/weeks, depending on one's appetite for unhygiene. I usually can't last beyond two days of not taking a bath so I consider myself quite prim. I do have friends, however, who have been known to last for weeks and in one unverified case, long enough for them to develop a fungal infection of the toe.
Anyway, I think I'll push off and do something more useful and directly related to furthering my career goals now. Adios, amigos.

PS: You know what will round off my memorable week? This post getting lost when I hit 'Post'.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it didn't get lost after all. Smile, it could've been worst.

6/2/07 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[hlhlhive] Lovely name. Your parents must really love you ;). What does it mean?

7/2/07 9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that bad huh?may be its coz u stopped writing ;)
hope things get better..

7/2/07 12:31 PM

 
Blogger Vik said...

"The obvious advantage of bathing and shaving is that one is not compelled to do the same for the next few days..."
-how true!

fungal infection! almost unbelievable, but who knows!

7/2/07 6:51 PM

 
Blogger Tapasya said...

Interesting post. Things will be okay soon, don't worry. You made me smile after two odd days/nights of incessant crying. Thanks.

:)

7/2/07 7:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just meant your damnable word verification thing which is a punishment sincere web-users get for the evil of spammers.

8/2/07 9:32 AM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[faith] Inshallah they will.

[the introvert] I admit the fungal infection story is unverified but I'm sure it is possible.

[tapasya] Okay I won't worry :). And I'm glad you're smiling, even if through your tears. I think I know why btw. Will catch you on chat some time.

[pzmckcn] My apologies.

8/2/07 3:00 PM

 
Blogger Phoenix said...

It's ironic, sometimes I notice you hit negativity/not-so-good part of life with so much negativity/pessimism in its face that evebn life is forced to turn benevolent, if only to prove its point.

come to think of it, nice strategy.

9/2/07 1:05 PM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[phoenix] No strategy, m'lady. I just enjoy making fun of my life sometimes, that's all. And this time life has in fact turned even more cross. Not benevolent at all. Looks like Life isn't interested in making your point :(.

9/2/07 4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers