Sunday, September 17, 2006

Late Night Delirium

It’s so late at night
It doesn’t really matter
If I stay up for a while;
I’ll just sleep an hour later

Words have to be squeezed out
Like reluctant toothpaste
From a nearly spent tube
That can’t be replaced
Just yet

It’s been twenty years
Of having no one to wake up to
No one to put me to sleep
And no one to watch affectionately
When I do

I must shave tomorrow
Because if I don’t the hairs
Will get caught in the razor blades
When I eventually mow
My facial fungi down
And at the mirror, hairlessly frown

6 Comments:

Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

That is quite good! one regrets that you have so abandoned your nice structured rhyming verse, but this seems to suit you anyways...

Twenty years? sli strong claim there methinks...

17/9/06 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[bofi] Funny you should choose today for re-vsiting my blog, was just talking with Shashwat about you. He says you want to go for a PhD in Wireless Tech etc. (on route to Bose no doubt)?
Does Bose make speakers for cars? I'd like those. :)

17/9/06 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Phoenix said...

Twenty years?[:O]

This is random poetry at its best..[:d]
facial fungi..eeeksss

17/9/06 5:48 PM

 
Blogger Tapasya said...

Words and toothpaste...good comparision!

I guess 20 years is an invalid claim. You Mom-Dad/Grandparents must have watched you sleep, that too affectionately, when you were a kid (I would say atleast for 7 years)!

17/9/06 8:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Words have to be squeezed out
Like reluctant toothpaste
From a nearly spent tube
That can’t be replaced
Just yet"

loved that..

18/9/06 1:55 AM

 
Blogger Robert Frust said...

[phoenix, tapasya] Twenty years is correct, I think I've slept alone since I was one. I don't remember, but it sure feels like that :(.

[tapasya, kd] I liked the words and toothpaste comparison too.

20/9/06 12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers